December 30, 2007

Getting Away

This week we have set aside a couple of days to get away and gain some needed rest and relaxation. This is particularly true in the case of my hard working husband.

Last week while on a job, he stepped off the edge of a sidewalk and twisted his ankle pretty badly. Thank the Lord, he didn't break it! Unfortunately, this is a more than occasional occurrence for him due to ankle injuries he sustained while playing sports in high school. While the sprained ankle was bad enough, it caused his back to go out of proper alignment and therefore, he is visiting our Chiropractor as I "speak". All this just before our planned getaway. Ugh! I asked him if he wanted to stay home, but he is determined to go. He has been nurturing the ankle for several days now and feels that he'll be just fine. Sometimes I worry about him though. When he's in pain he rarely lets on about it and hides it very well. In the past, this has led me to believe that he was doing OK when in fact, in some situations, he REALLY wasn't. This must be a "man" thing.

Anyway, I've mentioned here before how much our family enjoys going on outdoor retreats; being as close to nature as we possibly can. Since time and money were a factor we needed to choose someplace that wasn't too far from home. We found that Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County State Park fit the bill nicely. From now until the end of February, all Indiana State Parks that offer lodging are having their Winter rates of 2 nights for the price of one. Hooray!

I'm really looking forward to the time away and can't wait to take it easy just sitting in front of the fireplace chatting and reading the copy of Heirloom Farm magazine that my kind-hearted neighbor recently lent me. I also plan to take several pictures. That area is well known for beautiful scenery and last I heard it supposed to snow while we're there. That will just make it all the more beautiful, I'm sure! We'll not be going to any shows at the Little Nashville Opry, but will probably spend a few hours visiting several of the specialty shops along, and surrounding Van Buren Street-- considering my husband's ankle is up to it of course. If not, it's okay. Slow, easy and carefree is what's on tap for this two day respite!

I know that I have a pretty good show of Indiana visitors here at my blog, so the following is just for you. If you've never had the chance to visit the Brown County area and want to know what it's all about, you'll find all the details here. When I return, I'll post some pictures of our time away. Until then-- HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow blogging friends!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh that looks like such a wonderful place to spend a relaxing few days!! I hope your husband's foot is feeling better soon. :o) I had to take my hubby to the hospital on Christmas night. It turned out to be a pinched nerve. Turns out it had been bothering him for 3 or 4 days, but he never said anything. Yes I think it is a man thing. :o)

*Notice*
The graphics that are used on this blog are not mine. Please be so kind as to visit the artist's sites and abide by their "TERMS OF USE". If you find any graphics that haven't been given proper credit or anything else that needs mended, please e-mail me so I can act promptly. I admire the artist's and their talent so I want to give the proper credit where it's due. Thanks very much!

Photobucket
Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey