January 13, 2008

Reporting In



So OK, I'm behind in my blogging again. What can I say... life happens. I do owe you an update on our mini vacation though, don't I? My sister asked me about it a few days ago and has been patiently waiting on the pictures.

We did have a very nice time. We just wished it could have lasted longer. As it turns out, we weren't the only ones with the great idea. There were more people at the lodge than we expected, but thankfully, not crowded. I had envisioned myself being able to sit all alone near the fire, reading or just day dreaming. But, I realize now that was just wishful thinking. I was still able to get some leisurely reading in, just not sitting as close to the fire as I wanted to be. As a family, we played several games together. Sequence, Skip-Bo, Euchre, Ping Pong and Air Hockey to name few. We also were able to drive into Nashville to enjoy some window shopping. Being off-season, many of the little shops were closed, but that's OK. It was fun, even though the temperatures were only in the low teens. We practically had the streets and stores to ourselves.

I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of my pictures. Particularly the ones I took inside the lodge. The lighting was perfect for that romantic ambiance feel, but terrible for getting quality pictures-- at least without the use of a tripod. Had I have used ours, I wouldn't have wound up with such blurry pictures. You need a real steady hand for taking pictures in low lighting. A knowledge of the right settings would probably be pretty helpful too. Guess I should take some time to read the manual, eh?



3 comments:

Robin said...

Your pics are great. I enjoyed all of them.

Makes me want to take a trip there myself. Or we could always take a Girls road trip!? (when the temps are much milder)

Grandma 2 Six said...

I like the idea of a "Girls" road trip. What do you say?

Debbie Ann said...

Name the time and place and I'll see if I can arrange it. :)

*Notice*
The graphics that are used on this blog are not mine. Please be so kind as to visit the artist's sites and abide by their "TERMS OF USE". If you find any graphics that haven't been given proper credit or anything else that needs mended, please e-mail me so I can act promptly. I admire the artist's and their talent so I want to give the proper credit where it's due. Thanks very much!

Photobucket
Backwoods Home Magazine - practical ideas for self-reliant living
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey